Saturday, June 28, 2008

NS folks have paid RM3 billion to PLUS!


I called another press conference today near the Seremban tol plaza regarding the issue of KL-Seremban highway. I asked a Parliamentary question on 25 June to the Works Minister to state the total amount collected by PLUS at the Seremban tol plaza since its started operation. The answer that i received is a whopping RM2.987 billion! Yes..almost 3B collected at the Seremban tol plaza alone from those who took the Seremban exit both from north and south bound.

And the worst is the consession period is extended till 2038, another 30 years! However, the minister said that the government is re-evaluating the agreement including the money collected so far, tol rate, the consession period and the maintainance for the highway. After the studies is completed, the government will re-negotiate with PLUS and a final decision will be made by the Cabinet. The new Minister, Datuk Mohd Zain has promised in Parliament that the studies will be completed in 3 months. I will never forget his promise!

Now, we have to really keep up the pressure to press the government to abolish the toll collection for KL-Seremban portion. PLUS have collected much more what they have expected and it is time the road be made toll-free for all Malaysians. RM3 billion is equaivalent to 15 years of revenue for NS state government! Being a toll operator in Malaysia is better than a state government!

I have found this info of "Hari ini Dalam Sejarah" in the internet, have a good refresh.

PEMBUKAAN PLAZA TOL LEBUHRAYA KUALA LUMPUR- SEREMBAN



Tarikh Siaran: 16.06.2004

Tarikh Peristiwa: 16.06.1982


Pada hari ini 16.06.1982 kedua-dua Plaza Tol Lebuhraya Seremban-Kuala Lumpur telah dibuka dengan rasminya oleh Datuk S. Samy Vellu Menteri Kerjaraya dan Kemudahan dan memulakan kutipannya.

Menteri Kerja Raya itu sendiri memulakan proses pengutipan tol tersebut dengan membayar tiket tol yang pertama pada jam 8.30 pagi di Plaza tol pertama dekat Kuala Lumpur. Menurut beliau sejumlah 20,000 buah kenderaan dijangka akan melalui kedua-dua buah plaza tol sepanjang lebuhraya Kuala Lumpur-Seremban.

Kerajaan menjangkakan akan dapat mengutip sekurang-kurangnya RM 12 juta setahun dari kedua plaza tol tersebut dan kira-kira RM 2.5 juta diperlukan untuk kerja-kerja penyelenggaraanya. Baki kutipan tersebut akan digunakan untuk membayar balik pinjaman dari Bank Dunia.

Menteri Kerja Raya juga mengingatkan para pengguna jalanraya tersebut supaya membayar tol atau menghadapi tindakan denda RM 1,000 atau penjara enam bulan atau kedua-duanya sekali sekiranya melanggar arahan membayar tol. Bagaimanapun para pengguna yang ingin mengelakkan bayaran tol boleh menggunakan jalanraya lama melalui Kajang dan Semenyih untuk ke Seremban dan sebaliknya.

Dengan pembukaan rasmi plaza tol di lebuhraya Seremban-Kuala Lumpur pada hari ini dalam tahun 1982 memulakan babak baru dalam penggunaan jalan-jalan bertaraf lebuhraya di negara ini.
Skrip: Diolah semula oleh ROSELINE MAPONG SABAI

Sumber: Skrip HIDS
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...such a hugh amount plus had collected, the company had profited more than enough. When is the right time for them stop a collection from public?????

Anonymous said...

loke,

i am your fans and will support you forever!

We, rakyat need you !

Woon Fei said...

Support

Anonymous said...

RM 1 collected from Senawang-Rasah-Seremban tol must be abolished soonest possible, as there is a huge traffics jam that spill to the main highway. Journey takes up less than 10 minutes but the jam at times 15-20 minutes. This route is no a luxury but a necessarily for Seremban folks.

Anonymous said...

When the Concession Agreement between PLUS and Goverment are signed? March 1988.